#StopFear – Don’t let it hold you back!
Fear is a powerful emotion that can strip us of everything we work hard for. I’m not just talking about the obvious physical signs of fear – the heart racing, sweaty palms —– I’m talking about the neurological aspects of fear – the self-doubt, lack of confidence, procrastination, anxiety, worry, loss of concentration—whatever you want to call it, they all result from a fear seed. Planted deep in our psyche somewhere. Fear is subtle and we may not even be aware it exists; yet it’s evident in our behaviors, what we think about ourselves, and how manage the business of life. Isn’t it time to Free Yourself?! YES you have the power to shut fear down! Here’s FIVE ways to counter the affects of fear and put it in it’s place – under your feet!
- Identify the fear: Ask yourself the hard questions: Know what makes you afraid – We might not want to say – but we know. It’s okay to admit we get scared. Fear is an emotion just like love, joy, happiness; and we get scared sometimes. Doesn’t make us less brilliant because we do – it makes us human.
- Count up the cost: What has fear cost you: self-esteem, a promotion at work because you were too afraid to speak up, or a new opportunity you let pass by. Don’t that just piss you off?
- Face the fear and counteract it: Fear is a bully – treat it as such. You won’t allow someone to bully your child – your loved one – your bae! Well, your future – your dream and destiny is your baby! Fight fear for the ability to have what you want-your way!
- Positive self-talk: Counter fear with positive affirmations. When you get that first twinge of hesitation, procrastination, trepidation. Don’t play with them. Don’t let them stick around and brew. Shut them down with something positive.
- Action in spite of fear: Do the very thing fear said you can’t. The more accomplishments you create for yourself – the more confident you will become.
Give these suggestions a try. I can say it’s possible to build your confidence and create a lifestyle of action, in spite of fear. But I won’t tell you that. I’ll let you try them for yourself. Fear can be a good thing when we develop our ability to turn ALL OF THAT POWERFUL ENERGY into something positive. Let’s release the fear – Today!